welcome!

My photo
Hey guys! Welcome to my very own "photo" blog. If you don't already know, I'm Casey, and I LOVE taking pictures! I wish I could do it all day every day. I am very blessed to have a special someone that shares this passion with me and helps me along the way. I have the best family and friends anyone could ask for, I'm just blessed beyond what I deserve. This is my passion, and there's nothing I'd rather do. If you have any questions, or would like to book a shoot, leave a comment in the comments section or send me an email at casey@aricalanphotography.com. I would love to help you any way I can. And while you're at it, check out aricalanphotography.com!! Have fun browsing!! :)

Monday, November 19, 2007

Modern Day Proverbs 31

So, I was browsing through some photography blogs earlier today. (Yes, that is what I do with all my time) Anyway, it's pretty obvious that the photography world as a profession is full of wonderful Christian people who are just getting to do what they love and use it as a testimony to everyone they come in contact with. Well I came across this entry and thought it was cool and worth sharing. I don't know who wrote it, or where exactly it came from, but it's a modern day interpretation of Proverbs 31. Makes me think of my mom, and so many other wonderful women that I look up to in my life. And I pray to be the same. Pretty sweet.

modern-day Proverbs 31 woman:
It began with a merciless scream from her child's room, followed by a consistent effort to wake up a sleepy-eyed adolescent daughter. She distributes their hand-packed lunches, each carefully initialed by a letter. When they leave, she begins the day of preparation. After all, there are groceries to be bought, clothes to be washed and put away, and bills to be paid. No one said idleness was even an option. Her world spins incessantly fast but her heart is at peace. After a long day of servanthood, she takes off the white undershirt with the almost-strategically placed spit-up markings and slips on her most flattering purple cashmere blouse. Purple: the color of royalty, a dazzling compliment to her pacific blue eyes. In the distance, the tic-toc of familiar footsteps is heard...he's home. Her beloved has arrived from his equally demanding day in the workplace. She turns the corner to greet him. Her eloquent beauty still provides him with the perfect safe haven to return home to. Over dinner, she eagerly listens as her children gush over the details of their day. They have great admiration for her and though they do not always show it, they desperately seek to be just like her one day. And yes, she notices that the edges of the toast are slightly burnt and maybe her chicken is lacking its usual tenderness, yet she doesn't focus on the wrongs, but rather sinks into the delights of the rights. As she vigorously scrubs the dirty dishes, she says not one utterance that would resemble complaint, and instead thinks of how she can serve next. Her heart is meek. Her motive, humble. And when those linen sheets fold up tightly around her neck at night, she is thankful for today and by no means threatened by tomorrow. Her peace-filled heart knows that tomorrow will bring its own set of problems and worrying won't change them. She sweetly kisses her husband goodnight and he smiles because the same thankfulness leaks into his body. He notices that she brings so may vibrant colors to his previously black-and-white world. Her eyes become heavy as she spins into much-needed sleep. Tomorrow will rise with the same purpose: to serve others and be a catalyst for change, regardless of circumstance. Her gentle spirit will not ask for praise for these great deeds that often go unnoticed, but the Lord is watching, and He certainly notices. And for her, that's enough.

No comments:

Visitors