welcome!

My photo
Hey guys! Welcome to my very own "photo" blog. If you don't already know, I'm Casey, and I LOVE taking pictures! I wish I could do it all day every day. I am very blessed to have a special someone that shares this passion with me and helps me along the way. I have the best family and friends anyone could ask for, I'm just blessed beyond what I deserve. This is my passion, and there's nothing I'd rather do. If you have any questions, or would like to book a shoot, leave a comment in the comments section or send me an email at casey@aricalanphotography.com. I would love to help you any way I can. And while you're at it, check out aricalanphotography.com!! Have fun browsing!! :)

Friday, October 26, 2007

Christmas wish list...so soon...?!?!

Someone asked me the other day what I would put on my Christmas list for this year. Ha. That's ridiculous, I should have no Christmas list...I have so much already...I am satisfied with what I have...
But then the question began to trigger an unexpected reaction. One that I have been trying to steer far away from. Honestly. I have anything and everything I could ever need. I NEED nothing. I am blessed beyond what I deserve. Parents that have sacrificed more than they should to give me the latest and greatest of any and every thing I could imagine. How could I Want more things? I want to be satisfied with what I have. I want to desire only the things that truly matter. Time, memories, thoughts, family, friends...
And here they come creeping back in...I could use a Macbook. No. Now I NEED a Macbook, I simply cannot function without this piece of equipment in my life. I would love to have a new lens for my camera. Goodness. I NEED a new lens for my camera, my pictures would be THAT much better if only for a new lens. A new coat for the coming winter season of the latest style, that might be cool. Oh, how I NEED that new coat, no other coat that I own would keep me as warm as THAT coat.
Ridiculous.
I NEED none of that.

What I need more of is...
time with my baby cousins
a trip to the lake
a roadtrip with my friends just for fun
a weekend with my grandparents
hanging out with my sister & new brother
silent time alone, to think, and write, and read
simple conversation over a warm cup of sugarbrowns chai tea
quiet times with Jesus, and my Bible, and some soft Shane & Shane or David Crowder

I don't want my wants to overcome my needs
I don't want a Christmas list full of over priced trends

I want a Christmas list that matters.
I want time with my family to love them and know them and not to miss them. Freedom from the world that surrounds me, that is chasing after me. And just simple Peace.

In fact...why wait until the Holiday's.
I'm starting right now...

No comments:

Visitors