welcome!

My photo
Hey guys! Welcome to my very own "photo" blog. If you don't already know, I'm Casey, and I LOVE taking pictures! I wish I could do it all day every day. I am very blessed to have a special someone that shares this passion with me and helps me along the way. I have the best family and friends anyone could ask for, I'm just blessed beyond what I deserve. This is my passion, and there's nothing I'd rather do. If you have any questions, or would like to book a shoot, leave a comment in the comments section or send me an email at casey@aricalanphotography.com. I would love to help you any way I can. And while you're at it, check out aricalanphotography.com!! Have fun browsing!! :)

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!! (and more thoughts from Captivating!!)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

Hope everyone gives and recieves a kiss and hugs and lots and lots of chocolate!! ; )

I also wanted to rant a little more about how awesome Captivating is, and share a little of what it says about God and his incredible Romance!!!

(I posted late last night, so if you haven't looked at the post before this, then scroll down... you'll understand a little better what I'm talking about!! : ) )

"...we don't have to be embarassed by our desire to be romanced. It is a true, glorious longing in our hearts! It is, in fact, where we bear the image of God. God LOVES ROMANCE!! He created it. He invented sunsets and roses and music and love. He says, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart!" (Jeremiah 29:13)

God wants to be pursued. So do we.

Now, being romanced isn't all that a woman wants, and I am certainly not saying that a woman ought to find the meaning of her existence in whether she is being or has been romanced by a man or not. (But don't you see that you want this?) To be desired, to be pursued by someone who loves you, to be a priority to someone?...everyone woman wants to be seen, delighted in, and pursued. We long to be romanced.

What a comfort to know that this universe we live in is relational at its core, that our God is a tenderhearted God who yearns for relationship with us. If you have any doubt about that, simply look at the message he sent us in Woman. Amazing! Not only does God long for us, but he longs to be loved BY us.

Can there be any doubt that God wants to be sought after? The first and greatest of all commands is to love him (Deut. 6:5, Matt. 22:36-37, Mark 12:29-30) God wants us to love him. To seek him wholeheartedly.

A woman longs to be sought after too. God longs to be desired. Just as a woman longs to be desired. This is not some weakness or insecurity on the part of a woman, that deep yearning to be desired. God feels the same way. Remember the story of Martha and Mary? Mary chose God, and Jesus said that is what he wanted. "Mary has chosen what is better"- she chose me (Luke 10:42)

Life changes dramatically when romance comes into our lives. Christianity changes dramatically when we discover that it, too, is a great romance. That God yearns to share a life of beauty, intimacy, and adventure with us. Eve-God's message to the world in feminine form- invites us to romance. This whole world was made for romance-the rivers and the glens, the meadows and beaches. Flowers. Music. Kisses. But we have a way of forgetting all that, losing ourselves in work and worry. God-through Eve- makes romance a priority in the universe.

Oh yes, our God has a passionate, romantic heart. Just look at Eve."

No comments:

Visitors